Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Headlight

 Here's a preview of a vehicle I'm texture painting in Photoshop.

I was soo tempted just to project a photo of the headlights I got off the net, but I'm glad I didn't.  Looks waay more consistent!  The photograph of the headlight is on top, and the headlight I painted in Photoshop is on the bottom.  No Wacom, just lots of masking and a mouse.

Always take the time to find good reference! It saved time in the long run.

It looks way more complicated than it is.  Some layer styles, dodging and burning, some amber painted in with masking, and reflections painted in.  Note to self: learn to let go of making billions of layers.  I think I have about 16 layers in the headlight..80 layers in the total texture.  Must....be...nondestructive...

No comments:

Post a Comment